5.6.09

Fever

On tues, the supposed shopping trip made a big turn to Geylang chili crab trip. Amazingly, none of us knew where the chili crab is. We practically walked from kallang MRT to Aljunied. Not along the MRT line, but within Geylang itself. It was quite an adventure. This is the first time I ventured into Geylang. And how right it is. Previously intended geylang-turn ugly trip was also because we took the wrong turn, solely due to my timidity to walk through the dark Lorongs of the red-light-district. The actual geylang is sort of a fusion of Malaysia - Thailand - Singapore; in quite a messy way. And one thing's for sure. There are many MEN in geylang. It's just eerie.
We ended up eating chili crab at a high class restaurant - No Signboard Restaurant. Their service was fantastic. One of the best I've received in Singapore. Food wise, above average but the price is well above average as well. I think I can find a better chili crab else where.

Came back that night, had diarrhea-like feeling, though my stools are pretty formed.

The next day, the throat got itchy. Tummy ache got better. To add on to the damage, I went to have Mac Spicy for dinner, even though my brain was screaming out loud to me that it will kill the throat. I started my dose of Danzen.

By thurs, throat is not well. Scratchy with mild pain. Took 2nd dose of Danzen. It's under control. Anyway I couldn't yield, maiden ACC-solo clinic starts at 2pm; and I couldn't afford to screw up and to disappoint Mother. Thank God ACC was a smooth sail, but reaching the last few patients, I remember telling the PSA I'm falling sick soon. Drank a lot of water; but it's not doing much good. That day, 3 patients came in complaining of sore throat. I told them, the weather is bad nowadays. Didn't want to tell them I'm falling sick myself too.

Right after ACC, I didn't want to go back to R1; maybe it's due to malaise or laziness. But I think it's the malaise. I went back, quietly sat down to dispense; made a few light smiles to those who welcome me back. But as I was dispensing, fingers started to grow cold and eventually the whole hand was chilled. I didn't feel well. By 558pm, 2 min before I'm supposed to knock off, borrowed KX's thermometer. It started from 34.5 -> 35.9 -> 36.5 -> 37 -> 37.1-------> 37.5! And finally it stopped!! My heart was pumping hard. But at least then I knew that I had fever.
I took me 5 minutes before I've decided to put on a mask. Showed Mr Yong the reading, he gave a very diplomatic answer. "Em, how are you feeling? Go home monitor ok? If still fever, it's good to see a doctor". And I guess I should get an MC and don't come to work if I'm sick.

Had claypot rice for dinner. Amazingly felt better after that. Maybe the nutrients re-charged my immunity. Felt sucky on the way back home though. Re-check temp at home - 37.6. On a different thermometer. Lazed around the whole night and watched some tv.

Happily went to sleep. Thinking that most likely I may have a day off tomorrow.

Woke up this morning. First time is to pop in the thermometer - even before brushing my teeth. It flew up fast, but plateuring at 37.1. Disappointed. Figuring out an excuse to skip work. But eventually gave way to the Right Thing. Dressed up nicely andwent for work. Mood was much better today. Probably I've fared through a fever. Jessica noticed the change as well. It was a good day.

No comments: