31.5.09

Mr and Mrs Liang

Finally started the University of Southern Indiana ACC course. It started off quite fun. With introductions posted. Mostly are nurses and pharmacists, and I think all of them are from America, except Su ching and me. Some are very experienced, with 20 years of practice. Woah...
It's just thrilling to be learning all people from other places, although as usual, I'll be quite quiet and don't contribute much to discussion board. At least I wrote a decent introduction of myself.

The course will last for 6 week. And every Monday will be deadline day, with a final exam at the end of the course. Really hope this course will improve my knowledge and make me a more competent ACC pharmacist like Mother.
______________________________

Fiona's Wedding was held yesterday - 30th May 2009 at Raffles Hotel.
Apparently it is also the day when she met Liang - her husband now.
The solemnisation ceremony was held at the lawn. It was beautiful. Fiona looked gorgeous, the bright red roses were just romantic and the whole setting was perfect... except the weather, which was hot and humid.

Fortunately for the Liangs, it only started drizzling after the whole ceremony and after eveyone had their chance of taking photo with the bride.
The wedding dinner was held exactly the same place as Julian's wedding a year ago. However, the feeling I had was utterly different. This is Fiona's wedding - one of the closest friend I had in SAJC; and now I was seated with the 61 people, some in whom I did not meet for years.
What's more fascinating was that the couple read out their personally written vow to each other and I was very touched by what Liang wrote - almost teared...

And the wedding dinner that I dream of was just displayed right in front of me. They did a rumba together, and with the gracefulness of Fiona and the hardwork Liang put in (10 lessons in 10 weeks, when they had only 3 months to prepare for the wedding), the dance was aweful!
Last but not least, right after the rumba, they opened up the dance floor. It was just beautiful. I was drooling staring at the dance floor - it started off with the newly-weds dancing, then more couples, young and old swayed in with the melody. It was a very pretty sight. Reminded me slighly of So Close. but this is afterall an Asian country, after the first song was over, people went back to their seats. Too bad Hann wasn't there.

To be honest, the wedding definitely made me feel like having one of my own soon. At the same place - the Lawn, but maybe with some good outdoor air-condition. and one thing's for sure, dance floor is a must.

No comments: