16.2.09

Random memories

We've counted the pages. Around 700 altogether. With only 7 days left, that makes it 100 pages a day. To study for 10 hours (if that's even feasible), will be about 10 pages per hour, 10 hours a day for the next 7 days.
................................................let's pray for a miracle.

Today's run was substituted with a swim, thanks to the awful weather and a slight haze hanging around the air. The temperature seemed to have rose quite a bit for the past 3 days, wave goodbye to the days when the fan is left un-on. The "drought" is slowing creeping in, and I don't like it at all.

Valentine's day has just passed and it would do no justice to my blog if I don't mention a bit about it.
This is the first Valentine's Day that I've actually did some planning. Both of us weren't in the mood. MBBS at the corner for him, and as for me, it's blah blah blah, I don't even want to talk about it. But after giving in some thoughts and had a pretty boring V-day eve, I've decided to put in some initiative and effort. I guess we can take turns. Since he will be out the whole day for MBBS revision lecture, I've decided to go Vivo to shop for a good V-day present and maybe a V-day lovey cake. A Parker pen has always been on my mind, and since he'll be a real doctor soon, maybe a nice little Parker pen will be good. And if they carved his name on it, that'll be even better! Maybe if he is to lost it, some good person will pass it back to him.
So, a Parker pen was bought. A real one, made in France. Apparently they have cheaper ones, just that it's made in China, and from my 5min evaluation, it's definitely heavier than the French-made one. And after the Parker (that only took me 10 min), decided to pop by Baker's Inn and get a lovely white Valentine cake to spice up the day. And within 30min, I'm out of Vivo and on my way back.
To keep it short, he was pretty surprised by how "dua zhong" I've made the day. That's not usually my practice, but surprises are good. And we headed out for dinner - a cheap 5 dollar beef noodle at Kopitiam. We have made a vow not to have anymore expensive meals from now till Australia, that will be for about 1.5 months. So any cheap food with decent taste will do us good.

Board exams on the 23rd. Taking Monday and Friday off. Finally I can get some rest, and some work done, I hope.

No comments: