21.9.08

I can dance, I can jive

I used to hate Mama-Mia so much as I feel their songs are just passe and oldies. However, gradually as I grew "older and more matured", I start to like their song. Every pieces of them!
I have been listening to some of their famous songs all these while - Thank you for the music, dancing queen, Mama-Mia, Winner takes it all, I have a dream..., even though I have never watch the broadway or read about the synopsis.
So when I went to watch the latest Mama-Mia movie yesterday, I have no idea what I'm going to get except for some great Mama-Mia songs.

It started out rather peculiar, it's always like that for me for a musical-based. You're just not used to people started singing half-way talking in the cinema, rather different as compared to a Braodway. It got rather funny in the middle when the characters started rolling in. The part when the girls re-united reminded me of Stef and Lily. That was like 8 years ago, when we were really 16 going to 17!
Overall, it was a fun show, though some may get rather disappointed if you are to compare to real Broadway. It's just different. The place where they made the show was fantastic, apparently is somewhere in Greece! (see! I really really want to go Greece!!!)
The show would be somewhat a success if Pierce Brosnan is to sing much much less. He really cannot sing (everytime before he starts singing, I'll breathe in a deep breath to prevent myself from laughing, it almost reminded me of the Phantom in the last movie of Phantom of the Opera).

Weekends are good, especially after working for 13 days non-stop... even though the pile of work is just decreasing in an intolerable pace, you get to sleep just slightly more and not to be in the hospital.

Listening to the sound track now just make me feel like dancing.... Indeed I can dance and I can jive, just want to have a time of my life!

No comments: